Wednesday, October 24, 2012

On the Road in Italy: Pisa

While driving through Italy, my parents and I decided to take a pit stop in Pisa to look at the iconic leaning tower. The leaning tower is the bell tower for the cathedral in Pisa. The tower has been unsteady since construction began in 1173; however, the tower was built over the course 344 years. It slowly continued to tilt over the years. There have been efforts to stabilize the tower in recent years; this corrected the angle from 5.5 degrees to 3.99 degree. So there is little chance that the tower will come crumbling down, despite its tipsy appearance. 


I am not sure about this hostel that does not allow dogs, but bears are no problem... I guess the no dog policy keeps the bears from getting rowdy.

12th century city walls. 

My mom holding up the tower!
We had to take a few touristy photos!

My dad holding up the tower.

I decided to relax while holding up the tower!


Very tall and very impressive monument. It was such a fun and beautiful day (a bit hot for my taste, but clear blue skies)!

<3 Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest and input! We get embarrassingly excited to receive comments.