Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Hooray for the Internet!

This week's links somehow do not contain a single craft which is so rare for me but these are the things I've found most exciting around the internet!
Larabars are my go-to "energy bar" when I live in America because they are soy-free.  They are also, however, prohibitively expensive.  Why not make your own?

Trafalgar Square on From Me To You 
I love cinegrams!  These are like cheesy 90's gifs but with only select sections of the image changing, in a way that reminds me of looking at a wizard's photograph it Harry Potter.


Kitchen on decor8
I love the mesh below the sink here.  I'm fascinated with kitchens lately. 


House Tour: Greenport, N.Y. on New York Times
I'm not sure how I came across this last week, but this is about some nice folks and their house in my home village.  It makes me want to become someone who uses summer as a verb. 

Are You My Mother? by Alison Bechdel
One of my favorite authors has a new book out that I desperately want!  It's a graphic memoir about a complicated mother/daughter relationship.  I have not read it yet so the most I can say is that Alison Bechdel is always amazing and I'm sure this is, too.

Original Source: Unknown, via (Notes on) Politics
I saw this image go around Facebook yesterday but could not find the original source.  In honor of International Workers' Day, people have been talking a lot about the origin of the 8-hour work day.  This image, from whomever and whenever it has come, is a beautiful representation of what should be.



Rainbow Cake on Hostess with the Mostest
Who wants to use questionable food coloring to make a rainbow cake when you can use natural ingredients?  This cake uses beet juice, carrot juice, egg yolks, spinach juice, blueberry juice, and blackberry juice to create the rainbow effect that is so popular.  The tones are more muted than with food dye but in that way that reminds you it is food, not a package of tempera paints.  

This was kind of an eclectic mix of links this week, but I hope that means something for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest and input! We get embarrassingly excited to receive comments.