Monday, March 19, 2012

Birthday Celebrations

First of all, my deepest apologies that it has been so long since I was able to make a post. I have been super busy with school. Turns out, when you sign up for graduate school, they actually want you to write that crazy long dissertation before they give you a degree :( So that is what my life has been consumed with the last few weeks. Good news: 26 pages down, 44 pages to go!

Fortunately, I was able to take a break a few weeks ago for some birthday celebrations. The world was gifted with my presence 27 years ago and I have been enjoying its wonders ever since. For the party, I went with some friends to my favorite bar in Prague Red Room. If you ever make it to Prague, it is a must see! Owned and operated  by some very talented musicians, it boasts live music almost every night of the week.

Headband: Flea market find
Dress: H&M
Ring: Unknown

I was very lucky to have so many of my friends come down for a fun night of celebratory drinks!

Lucy

Matthew and Steve

Colleen and I

Sander and I 

The entire crew!
When shopping for the perfect birthday dress, I had two requirements blue and sparkly. When H&M had this blue sequined number, I knew it was meant to be!

Delicious cupcakes made by Colleen.

Chiara, Megan, and I

I had my birthday party the Saturday before my actual birthday (which was on a Monday). So for my actual birthday, a few of us got together to eat hot wings and burgers at the local Hooters. Hooters is by far the best place to get good hot wings in Prague--and I was in the mood for this spicy chicken sandwich. The restaurant truly did live up to its tagline of "delightfully tacky." 

Yum!

Fascinator: Flea market find
Dress: Apricot

I would like to say another big thank you to everyone who made it out to celebrate! I had such a great evening and it was really awesome to celebrate with so many lovely individuals.

<3 Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest and input! We get embarrassingly excited to receive comments.